Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Movember Raises Cancer Awareness

Have you heard of Movember?

If you have not, it is simply a movement where men do not shave their mustache during the month of November in order to raise funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer and other types of cancers.

The movement initiated in Australia in 2004, but I became aware of it last month. I think that growing a mustache to raise funds and to promote cancer awareness is a great idea. I am sure that many men supported the movement this past November and that they will do the same next year.

Perhaps, there should be another movement where both males and females can participate in order to support cancer in general. In other words, we have breast cancer awareness in October, and now we have male cancer awareness in November. Since there are so many more types of cancers that affect both men and women, there should be a month dedicated to cancer in general aimed at both males and females. I think that would make many people happy, especially cancer patients and cancer survivors.

If you want to know more about Movember read 'Movember' Gets Hairy for a Cause by CNN or watch the video below.


"Fighting Cancer, One Mustache at a Time"

1 comment:

Francesca said...

Hello,
I didn't e-mail you because I couldn't find your e-mail address, but I did add you on Google+.



Francesca